XR8 Plus 150a
Hobbywing's Xerun XR8 Plus was developed to deliver unmatched power, performance and reliability for demanding 1/8 scale racing applications. Built with high quality components and loaded with cutting edge firmware, the XR8 Plus is responsive enough to protect itself from damage due to abuse, overuse, or even human error. With it's incredible power output and adjustable parameters, the XR8 Plus will deliver the smooth throttle response and linear throttle/brake qualities that discriminating drivers demand.
- Built In High Voltage BEC: The XR8 Plus is the first 1/8 ESC that includes an integrated HV BEC with 15 Amp output current, and adjustable output voltage from 6 to 7.2V. This BEC is designed to handle power hungry servos with ease.
- Reliable Cooling System: Patented cooling technology utilizes proprietary heat conductive copper bars to rapidly and effectively transfer all internal heat from the MOSFET board to the integrated CNC machined billet aluminum heatsink housing. The cooling fan utilizes a shock proof mounting system that reduces the possibility of fan damage due to the repeated shock of landing jumps in an 1/8 scale off road environment.
- Coasting: The XR8 Plus provides exceptionally smooth off throttle coasting function (patent pending), which simulates the feeling of inertia and momentum of a large scale car driving experience. This greatly improves the performance of builds that utilize large high powered motors, as electromagnetic drag becomes a substantial factor in sudden deceleration when in the off throttle position, adversely affecting race performance and handling.
- Advanced and Secure Electronic Switch: The XR8 Plus features an electronic switch that has been rated with a lifespan of over 50,000 on/off cycles. The switch is completely waterproof, dust proof and shock resistant.
- Virtually Maintenance Free: Thanks to the well thought out design, the XR8 Plus is virtually maintenance free. Advanced error sensing and thermal protection, an exceptionally rugged housing, the ultimate in heat dissipation technology and shock proof fan mounting make this ESC able to withstand anything a racer can throw at it.
- High Performance Dynamic Timing Algorithm: The XR8 is the worlds first competition level 1/8 scale ESC that has dynamic timing technology. This expands the adjustable power output range of the ESC while still maintaining system efficiency and smoothness.
- Included Accessories: Includes 10awg wire, and mounting hardware. Does not include programming box.
- Continuous: 150A
- Peak: 950A
- Motor Type: Sensored/Sensorless Brushless Motor
- Applications: 1/8 Scale On Road/Off Road, Competition Level
- Motor Limit:
- 4S LiPo/12 Cell NiMH: 3000Kv for 4274 size or smaller motor
- 6S LiPo/18 Cell NiMH: 2400Kv for 4274 size or smaller motor
- LiPo/NiMH Cells: 2-6S LiPo, 6-18 Cell NiMH
- BEC Output: 6V/7.2V Switchable, Continuous Current of 6A (Switch Mode BEC)
- Cooling Fan: Powered by BEC Output Voltage
- Connectors: Open Post, must be soldered by the user
- Size (LxWxH): 58.7x48x36.9mm
- Weight: 127g (no wires)
- Programming Port: FAN/PRG Port
- Turbo Timing Technology: Turbo timing technology is implemented by the XR8 SCT to unleash the maximum power of a HOBBYWING matching motor.
- Small & Light Structure Design: Small (30.1% smaller than XR8 Plus in size) and light (36.5g lighter than XR8 Plus in weight) structure design greatly simplifies the installation of the power system (esp. for vehicles like buggy and touring car with compact chassis).
Programming / Upgrading / Data reading wirelessly: With Hobbywing's "WiFi Express" module and iPhone or an Android phone (with the HOBBYWING WiFi Link software installed), the user can remotely program parameters, upgrade firmware and check relevant data of the ESC without leaving the control stand.
*WiFi Module not included and sold separately: part# HWA30503000
- Coasting: The XR8 SCT provides an exceptionally smooth off-throttle coasting function, which simulates the feeling of inertia and momentum of a large-scale car driving experience. This can greatly improve the performance of builds utilizing large, high-powered motors as electromagnetic drag becomes a substantial factor in sudden deceleration when in the off-throttle position, adversely affecting driving performance and overall maneuvering.
- Capacitor Thermal Protection: Capacitor thermal protection implemented by the XR8 SCT will effectively prevent capacitors from exploding and causing irreversible damage to the ESC due to overload.
- High Voltage Built-in BEC: High voltage built-in BEC with an output current of up to 15 Amp and a switchable output voltage of 6V-7.4V allows users to use various high torque and high voltage servos.
- High Reliability & Durability: Built with the most rugged and high-quality components and coupled with cutting-edge firmware, the XR8 SCT is able to deliver unmatched power and performance for even the most hardcore of racing applications, but is also responsive enough to protect itself from damage due to overloading due to physical abuse, overuse or even human error.
- Advanced and Secure Electronic Switch: Electronic switch with a lifespan of over 50000 on/off cycles, housed in a completely waterproof, dust-proof and shock-resistant design.
- Ultra-Reliable Cooling System: HOBBYWING's patented cooling technology utilizes proprietary heat-conductive copper bars to rapidly and effectively transfer all internal heat from the MOSFET board to the integrated CNC machined billet aluminum heatsink housing. The cooling fan adopts a shockproof mounting which effectively reduces the possibility of fan damage due to vehicle’s frequent jumps.
- Wide applicability: This XR8 SCT ESC is not only applicable to 1/8th buggies and short-course trucks but also 1/10th short-course trucks, trucks and monster trucks.
- Scale: 1/8th 1/10th
- Brushed/Brushless: Brushless
- Sensored/Sensorless: Sensored
- ESC Specs:
- Waterproof: No
- Cont./Peak Current: 140A/880A
- Input: 2-4S Lipo/6-12 Cell NiMH
- BEC Output: Switch Mode:6V/7.4V,6A
- Wires & Connectors:
- Input Wires: Red-12AWG-200mm*1/Black--12AWG-200mm*1
- Output Wires: Blue -12AWG-200mm*1; Yellow-12AWG-200mm*1; Orange -12AWG-200mm*1
- Input Connectors: No
- Output Connectors: No
- Size: 30x30x10mm
- Voltage Range: 5-7.4V
- Powered by: Powered by BEC
- ESC Programing via:
- SET Button on ESC: Not Supported
- LED Program Box: Not Supported
- LCD Program Box: Supported
- WiFi Module: Supported *WiFi Module not included and sold separately: part# HW30503000
- Program Port: FAN/Program Port
- Firmware Upgrade: Supported
- Size & Weight:
- Size: 54.1x37.2x36.1mm
- Weight: 90.5g
- Motors: Sensored & Sensorless Brushless Motors
- Vehicles: 1/10th SCT/Truck/Monster Truck & 1/8th Buggy/On-road Racing
- KV Rating/T Count:
- With 2S LiPo/6S NiMH: 3660 size motor, KV≤6000
- With 3S LiPo/9S NiMH: 3660 size motor, KV≤4000
- With 4S LiPo/12S NiMH: 3660 size motor, KV≤3000
- With 4S LiPo/12S NiMH: 4268 size motor, KV≤2500