The XRAY XB8 2019 Spec 1/8 Off-Road Nitro Buggy Kit is based on the ultra-successful XB8 platform. The 2019-spec XB8 which incorporates the latest improvements and refinements gathered by the team, race-proven in the highest competition races around the world.
Against the toughest competition in the World - Ty Tessmann set overall TQ at the 2018 1/8 World Championship and finished in a superb Vice Champions position with the latest development XRAY XB8 platform. XRAY R&D team with direct input from Ty & Gord Tessmann, Martin Bayer and the full factory team again pushed the performance of the XRAY XB8 towards the very pinnacle of the sport.
The Redesigned XB8 2-in-1 concept offers endless setup choices for any track condition. The XB8 includes both a complete C-hub and Pivot Ball suspension in the kit. Adjustable to any track condition, the XB8 is the most versatile car in its class. Racers can configure the XB8 to match their driving style and the current track conditions.
NOTE: Painted body, wheels, tires, engine, exhaust and electronics shown in photos are for illustrative purposes only and are not included. See needed to complete list below for a full list of items required to complete the model.
- Unique 2-in-1 concept features both a pivot ball & C-hub suspension included in one kit
- Updated XB8 platform allows easy swapping of the two different suspensions with fully interchangeable parts
- Unbeatable set-up alternatives to perfectly adjust the car to any track condition
- C-hub suspension includes redesigned lower suspension arm, steering block with Ackermann plate, C-hub, camber link & Ackermann steering plate
- Redesign chassis fits soft & hard radio tray to adjust flex for particular temperature conditions
- Redesigned front Pivot Ball steering block with larger outside ball-bearings for increased reliability and life-span
- Redesigned rear uprights with larger outside ball-bearings for increased reliability and life-span
- Redesigned rear uprights feature an extra hole for extended roll-center adjustment possibilities
- Redesigned front lower, rear and upper arms redesigned and made from a harder material to improve response and stability with freer operation in dusty conditions.
- Redesigned cell shock membranes with less air gap
- Redesigned shock cap with 4 vent holes accommodates the new cell shock membranes for easier assembly and servicing
- Updated longer front and rear shock shafts
- Updated softer front and rear anti-roll bars increase traction
Chassis length: 399.5mm
Approximate running weight: 3205g
Needed to Complete:
- 2-channel, 2-servo R/C System for cars
- 21-class Engine & Tuned Pipe
- Engine starting tools
- Batteries for R/C system
- Tires, Wheels, Inserts & CA Glue
- Fuel & Fuel Bottle
- Polycarbonate Paint for Body
- Tools for Assembly